Wednesday, October 19, 2005

baby likes it HOT

mommy gave me 2 scrambled eggs for breakfast this morning with hot salsa. it was the best thing i ever ate. she couldn't feed it to me fast enough. i LOVE scrambled eggs!!!!!!!! but, i was still hungry after those 2 eggs, so she gave me a bowl of cheerios and 1/2 a banana. she also gave me some raisin bread toast, but i heard babies aren't supposed to have raisins, so i didn't eat it for my own safety. i can really pack away the food, man. mmmm mmmm i love to eat.

i have to look out for myself, you know. mommy isn't herself. giving her baby raisin bread. tsk tsk.

i am surprised mommy is holding it together so well. this is supposed to be MY blog, about ME, but i have to talk about mommy a little bit. things are just off to a rocky start without daddy here. mommy is sick....the weekend at day care fiasco....(it was a disASTAH--ha ha). then, the a/c guys came in to do maintanance on the a/c---which had to be done in MY closet, JUST AS SOON AS I GOT TO SLEEP FOR MY NAP! well, the air was working fine till they got here. now it's broke. yikes. pretty hot, too. tee hee. it just keeps getting better and better, don't it ma?

then, mommy decided to bring me to day care today even tho it isn't my normal day (um, yeah, i, um, i'm writing this FROM day care, that's right) because she said she needs to clean up this hell hole and cook some baby food (mommy herself hasn't been able to eat lately, but she is in no danger of blowing away with all that extra she has packed on). so i guess she wanted to talk to michelle, the owner of the day care, but she wasn't in. so, she talked to the lady who was at the desk to express her concern over being called at 5pm on sunday to say she had to pick me up right away because they were closing....you know what that lady said? she didn't apologize or even acknowledge the situation at all! all she said was, "well, we are stopping the weekend care anyways. you were supposed to get a call about that." i was busy playing in the classroom (i got to bring in my pumpkin today), but i bet mommy wanted to reach over and throttle that b-----unprofessional lady.

so, of course all arrangements were made based on this weekend day care. pulled out of the other center, fixed the work schedule, got the babysitter.....well, we'll see what will happen now! maybe nicole will take care of me all weekend. it would be just as well. we can't afford a actual nanny, and i like that nicole anyways.

well, it's time for my snack, so i have to go.

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Hopefully your daddy will make so much freaking money in California that your mommy can just stop working and take care of you. This day care stuff sounds like a nightmare!

Give your mommy a big hug (when you get home...wink, wink) and tell her I hope things get smoother for you both. I know things will be better once she gets over her ick.

XOXO

K. Marie said...

Hi, Donovan! I like your blog. I found it from Jodi's^ site and added it to my list of favorite reads.

You and your mommy hang in there while your daddy's gone, OK? I used to live in S.C. and know it can get pretty hot without a/c. Maybe it's not broken -- maybe when the service folks came to "service" it, they turned off the compressor and forgot to switch it back on after they left. That happened to us this summer.

Good for you for being such a great eater!

~K

ren said...

hey little d. tell mommy to try giving you some scrambled tofu. it's my very favorite! i like it spicy too, lots of pepper. kiss your mama for me. tell her i miss you guys.
-auntie karen