Tuesday, July 18, 2006

the wall incident and other musings

i have a very strange family. well, let me rephrase that....a very strange mother. she is getting all excited because i am starting to tell her when i have poop. i mean, it's no big deal. i am starting to realize that caca smushing on my butt doesn't feel very good and it is embarassing when she pulls at the back of my pants to look down them to see what's it there. because that woman will look down my pants ANYWHERE--in front of anyone. is that legal? no, seriously. can she do that? so, anyways, i am getting better at knowing and i just go up to mama and say "poop" and we change my diaper and that is the end of it. i just think it is kind of weird that she gets all excited and says she's proud of me and carries on about it.

and i need to have a serious discussion with someone named "aunt kendra." mama did something to me yesterday and she said she learned it from this "aunt kendra" creature. i didn't like it one bit and i have to find a way to put a stop to it. ok, well i bit mama. pretty hard. i know i am not supposed to and i don't know what came over me, but i couldn't help it. i just did it. a couple times. so, since we don't use the play pen as a time out anymore (which never really fazed me anyways), mama made me stand by the wall. she plopped me by the wall in the sunroom and said "you stand at the wall! don't you move. no biting" or some crap like that. now, wait a minute. i can hear you saying "oh big deal--you had to stand by a wall" i know it doesn't SOUND bad when i write it, but i tell you, i started to cry, but for a long time (several seconds) i found myself unable to move. i was like paralyzed by some unseen force (maybe she activates a kid-magnet hidden in the wall---i don't know) and when she said "stand by the wall" you bet your bippy i stood by the wall. it was awful. and a couple other times when i was naughty, she said "do you want a time out at the wall????!!!!" well, duh, of course i said "no" that is a pretty stupid question. i don't want her turning that kid-magnet on me. mama said the genius of aunt kendra is that so many places have walls, so if i am naughty, i can be sent to the wall anywhere. i can't talk about this anymore, it is too upsetting.

so this weekend me and mama are going to see gramma and grampa up in the mountains. mama said it is a long drive. that is okay. i love spending time with mama. yesterday, mama picked me up from school early and we hung out playing all afternoon until bed time. we had a great time and we had lots of hugs and kisses and tickles. she said i am very smart because i talk a lot and she said i am a fun kid and a nice kid. she says that a lot, but i like to hear it. it makes up for when she (shudder) does things like the wall incident.

well, daddy is still on the big airplane at his business trip. i guess he will land in about 5 more weeks. i talk on the phone with him sometimes. i miss him a lot. he picks me up more than mom and i like the way he reads stories to me better. and he gives me smoothies. and plays ball with me. and chases me when i run with my football saying "runningback!" dada takes me on more bike rides than mama. maybe mom should spend 6 weeks in an airplane on a business trip so me and dada can hang out and Be Men. ha ha. i'm just being funny. mom is weird, but i will keep her. she just isn't the same as dada and i love him so so so so much. he will be home before i turn 2 years old.

they are building a new house next to ours and across the street. i get to see cement trucks and backhoes and workers. it is very cool to watch. maybe i will build a house when i am old, like 3 or 4 or something. i will build a house for mama and my red truck and my pillow.

okay, i have to get ready for my big trip up in the mountains!

2 comments:

ren said...

tell mama to drive safely! have fun.

Jodi said...

Your dada is just fine...he was at my house tonight. He's going to feed my animals while I'm out of town for the next several days. I can see why you like him so much (although your mom is pretty cool too!)