Friday, July 07, 2006

sit down RIGHT NOW

"dada go up in biiiiiig airplane. airplane real real loud. go on binniss trip" those were my exact words, which is obviously enormously articulate for someone 21 months old.

the other day i started saying "yeah" instead of "yes" which is bugging mom, who is making me say "yes ma'am" to her and "yes sir" to dada. i like saying "yeah" and "donovan no touch mamma wine (or soda)" so, that's what i will say. the other day, when i stood up in my highchair, mamma yelled at me (as always) and she yelled "SIT DOWN!" but she forgot to say the whole thing, so i reminded her by yelling back to her "RIGHT NOW! SIT DOWN RIGHT NOW!" i was just trying to help. i don't know why mama thought this was so funny.

i know i haven't posted much lately. it's just that i am so busy talking and running and starting all kinds of trouble. momma says i am a goof ball. i think this is okay because we all know how much i love balls.

my latest obsession is blueberries....and most recently ice cubes, which i suck on. i can keep one in my mouth the whole time, till it goes away. i loooooove boobays (that's how i say blueberries, not to be confused with booBIES, which sounds and IS nothing like boobays)

i am going to see gramma and poppop pretty soon. me and mama are going to make a trip. we might take a ride up to new york too, but it depends on if mama quits her job or not because she said she doesn't want to change anyone's diapers but MINE.

well, i promise to write something interesting soon. i know this wasn't it. but i had to write something.

oh yeah, mama and dada joined a church. officially. mama said now we have a religion. we are unitarian universalist. hippy tree huggin liberals if y'ask me. but they have pretty good toys in the nursery and i love the babysitters, so i guess it is okay. dada is real real into it. mama said she would be too if she didn't have to work so much. mama is cranky, so i hope dada comes down from the plane soon.

2 comments:

ren said...

yeah, i hope your dada gets home soon too. but until he does, i will take good care of him. well...i will let him sleep in the office and occassionally make him dinner.

i'd really rather have you and mama visiting me though. can you arrange that?

Jodi said...

In spite of still being prety sick, I wandered out of my house last night, with a purse full of cough drops, to see another Donovan. He's tall and wore a mini skirt, big wings, a glorious wig, and that awesome oh-so-glittery make-up that I usually only see on drag queens (how do they get the lipstick to look like that and stay one?) I hope to have a photo or two to post later.

Your Auntie Karen and I have high hopes for you!

P.S. Your mama knows, I'm not a big fan of religion but hey, if you have to have one, UU is pretty cool.