Monday, July 24, 2006

oh the genius that i am. you will all bow to me someday. ooo-oooh-ooo-ah-AH-AAAH

well....just got home from the trip to gramma and papa's. i was a very good boy on both ends of the trip, if i do say so myself. i mean, it took about 586 hours to get there and even longer to get back because mom had to stop at the outlets. oh, we didn't stay long. i made sure of that. mommy left the coach outlet in a big hurry (but i was only doing what dad told me to do in that store) altho, i admit it, i had fun carrying bags around. i could say "oooh, this is a big bag" or "oh, this is a little bag". the lady in the eddie bauer store did not seem to be amused with me or impressed with my cuteness the way most people are. she even suggested to mom (ha ha) that i should probably be in a stroller. mom made me apologise to the lady for being naughty. that seemed to help. oh, THIS was impressive to mom:

mom discovered that for SURE i know the color blue. she had a suspicion, but i made way too many references to blue things that were acutally blue. neither me nor mom know when kids are supposed to start recognizing colors, so we are just going with the "genius" theory. but that was actually a segueway. in the eddie bauer store, i floored mom AGAIN when we were in the dressing room and she was trying on some shirts. i said, "oh, a purple shirt" and indeed, she was trying on a purple shirt. i almost thought i was in trouble, because she was like "who taught you purple? how to do you know purple" and i wanted to be like, um, i mean, yellow, those are nice yellow, um PANTS, yeah. purple shirt? what purple shirt? but it turns out she was just surprised and happy at, you guessed it, my genius.

is anyone else concerned at the pressure this woman might inadvertently be putting on me by convincing me that i am a genius? i mean, somehow that is going to come back to haunt all of us. and if i don't get a brother or sister, then i am going to have to be the genius AND the athlete AND etc. we are going to have to talk to mom about doing something about this.

anyways, back to my genius. more things mom discovered i could do and say over the weekend.

~~say gramma and grand pop. only for me, it is binna (accent on the BIN) and papa. those old folks are AWESOME. they read me stories--lots of them---played with me---showed me golf balls and dominoes and gave me lots of hugs. i can't wait to see them again.

~~say "this" as in, "open this" "move this" "take this outside" think about it. "this" is kind of a tough concept. but not for me

~~say "right here" as in "sit right here by mama" "put this truck right here" "sit down right here"

~~ say "play" as in "go outside to play" "go to park to play" "papa go outside and play" these are all things i have actually said. i don't care if you are not impressed -maybe YOUR kid said these things at 18 months, maybe he came out talking. i am still a genius. yes i am. i AM. yes! I! AM! Moooooooooooom!!!!!!!

~~say "want some" this is particularly cute. now, when i want whatever mom is eating or drinking and i want a taste, i say "want some" but, i say it like a question. the reason i do this is because every time mom offers me something of hers, she says "want some?" so now, i save her the trouble and say "want some?" never underestimate the power of cute (except in eddie bauer). yesterday, when we went to that hoedown place (more on that later) we all got ice cream. oh wait, it wasn't then. it was the day before. whatever. anyways, i scored my own ice cream and like 1/2 of papa's all because i could say "want some?" with the little question inflection.

~~i can ask for oranges. my latest fruity obsession---the packaged mandarine ones. i guess PAHblehblehblehbleh and boobays are out of season now. but it's "oh-nays" check this out "want some? oh-nays?"

~~and the best thing of all. and i am not even freaking kidding you guys. i can count to 10. oh yes i can. you can ask my mom, my binna AND my papa. mom might lie but binna and papa won't. i can count from one to ten. and i can even alternate numbers. like; mom says one and i say 2. mom says 3 then i say 4 and so on. now. i have no idea what it means to count to 10. i mean, what is 4. hell if i know. but i can count to 10 and that makes me a genius.

well, i will post again and mention all the fun i had at the old folks home in the mountains. i am going to let the magnitude of my brilliance as a22 month old child set it because i know youcan hardly stand it.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Your genius is astounding. I don't think there has ever been a kid, anywhere, as smart as you! It sounds like you are a great kid and your mom is really enjoying you. You be a good boy now, so you don't get "the wall!"