Monday, April 14, 2008

there is more to life than mommy and daddy

well let's see! my auntie tiff and unca jason picked me up in their pimped out saturn (marred only by the addition of my carseat), which i remember so well. it was azalea fest--pretty big party here in the port city--and i got to go with auntie & unca. no mommy....no daddy! you know what that means don't you! oh yeah! brig on the cotton candy (YUUUUUUUUM!) bring on the soda(forbidden nectar of the gods i have been trying to get my lips on for so long!-double YUUUUUM!). there was way more fun that i can't even post here because my mom will find out suffice it to say it was fun. they learned that i know how to spell pharmacy (altho i don't understand why it doesn't begin with "f") and that i know a quesadilla is a quesadilla and not a pizza (did they really think they could pull that over on me?) it was awesome. super fun day and nothing to do with the parents. is this how life is? i won't be spending the rest of my life having most of my fu with mommy and daddy? really? hmmmmmm. kind of opens up a whole new world, don't it?

then, as if on cue. here i am, outside, minding my own bizniss (mommy properly supervising me of course) when my next door neighbor came over--she is 6--can you believe it-- 6! and she wanted to come play in my yard with me. and she had her cousin, she was a grown up, she was 10 to splay with us. kids came over, UNINVITED, to MY yard and said "do you want to play football with us?" how cool is that??????? then we all discovered how fun it is to climb on a hammock. that was the real bonding activity, i'd say. by this point, i was wishing mom would go away, since i was playing with big kids. and i noticed she did go in the house more and more to stir the soup or something i really felt like a big kid.

yeah. i had an awesome weekend. and awesome life. friends to hang out with. oh yeah. i'm cool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it was a great day for auntie tiff unca Jay as well :) -j