Wednesday, November 23, 2005

praise jesus and pass the biscuits!

first of all, i will say, that if you click on the posted pictures, it will take you to a place where the picture is shown a little bigger and you can see better detail. wouldn'tcha just look at my cute little mitochondria if you could get close enough to see that detail? you know you would.

anyways, i wrote about this yesterday and being one years old and not completely computer savvy yet, i lost the whole thing when i tried to preview it. i never preview my posts, i just post them. anyways.........

mommy is not sure if what she witnessed out of me yesterday was The New Me, possibly thanks to going to day care regularly and being exposed, thereby increasing my comfort of, new people (i am so articulate for 1 aren't i?), OR if it was a weird freaky fluke with a creepy guy.

except he wasn't creepy. he was really nice. me and mom are hanging out at port city java: she is talking to her new friend marsha and i am busily waving hello and goodbye to customers (at the doorway, for maximum impact), pacing around the shop, making sure everything is okay, smelling all the flowers on all the tables, and trying to taste things i find on the floor. being pretty friendly and outgoing. well, there are these 3 guys--an old guy, a younger guy (30's maybe) and a younger younger guy (perhaps 11), together in the shop. they, especially the old guy, are playing with me and talking to me and seem to be enjoying my charms. well, after a while, i feel pretty comfortable and i start hanging out with them full time---on the old guys lap! for an hour or 2 my time went like this: hang out with the old guy, run around the shop a bit, go to mommy, so she doesn't get jealous (her jaw was on the floor the whole time, which was weird, because she wouldn't let me eat anything off the floor) and go back to the old guy and hold up my arms for him to pick me up. and start again.

in case you don't know, i never ever ever ever ever let anyone hold me or even give me too much attention if my ma is anywhere around. it just doesn't happen. i let marsha hold me for a minute or 2 which freaked my mom out and made marsha's day. but when i started hanging with the old guy for a long time, mom was amazed, but i think marsha was a little bummed that she was not the only one for the day.

then, the old guy gave me his card and told me to give it to my mom, because i can't read (which makes the existence of this blog all the more amazing) and lo and behold, he is a baptist minister!!!! and guess what! they said if we havn'et found a home church yet, there is room for us in THEIR church. i say "their" because both the younger guy and the younger young guy were both the old guys's kids. the real young one was a surprise according to the pastor, but i don't know how that can be---i let MY mom know i was in there a long time before i came out. isn't that great?!!!!!!!! room for us at their church!!!!!

so after a while, the family is leaving and the young kid comes us to mom, with an odd look and a frightening somewhat robotic grin-like expression and says, as if someone pushed a button on his back, "i am glad to be homeschooled." and they left.

marsha homeschooled her kids when they lived on the mountain and she has recently moved here to help start a church with the husband of my other new friend , dawn. golly, i wonder if they will have room in THEIR new church too, when they open it! well, i want to see the old guy again, so i am going to beg mom to let us become baptists. mom says we are in the bible belt now. i think baptists must be the coolest funnest people ever.

you know what else? i bet i am going to get lots of comments to this post. hahahahaha. just remember, ANYONE can read your comments.....

4 comments:

Jodi said...

Yes, anyone can read this, but you know me, I'm gonna comment anyway. Open mouth, insert foot...here goes:

Just keep in mind that the kid who killed those parents in Pennsylvania recently were homeschooled. So are the cute Nazi twin singing sensation in California.

Just saying.

ren said...

stay in school, don't do drugs. and if you come visit me there are lots of things to taste on the floor.

Conor said...

Just be careful it is not some sort of wacky church where you can't dance like in "Footloose". Mommy said to say that because I thought Kevin Bacon was the name of a pet pig. Who knew? Anyway, 4 of my cousins are still home-schooled, and they are turning out okay so far. Aaron now goes to a public high school which he loves because puberty makes him want to look at girls all day--especially ones that are not his mother or sister. I can't read either by the way. Hmmm, guess we are geniuses for being able to blog anyway, huh?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I hesitate to comment on religion, not because I am PC but because I am a sane woman. But just remember...I am not going to say that, nope.

Home schooling totally depends on the home, which you know so I will shut up. I have a slew of second cousins being home schooled and they are bright, articulate children. Their elementary schools are less than desirable; the plan is to have them go to public school in junior high.

So, Donovan, me boyo, be well and tell your mom that I have momentous news to share with her. Keep those pictures coming, SallyB)