Thursday, August 28, 2008

today is my birthday

not really. but i decided i wanted it to be. mommy asked me if i wanted to bake a carrot cake today and i told her "that's disgusting" (which is by the way, my new favorite thing to say). so she asked me what i wanted to bake and i said a birthday cake--a blue one with red frosting. so, we went to walmart and bought a mix and tub of frosting--white--and we made cupcakes and put food coloring in them. and i decided that it was my birthday. i even put candles in my cupcakes. happy birthday to me!

conversations recently had with mom, that some might think are interesting. i dunno. just trying to express my opinion. ask a question. you know. i'm almost 4. inquiring minds wanna know, y'know?

there is a cement factory that might be built near our town and mommy and daddy are mad about it. a long time ago, we went to a meeting in an old building with a lot of other people who think its a bad idea. i was thinking about it recently and asked mommy why we went to that meeting. when she told me, i said

"i can think of 2 reasons why it is good to build a cement factory here. one, is people can have nice furniture with cement inside and two, you can build foundations for new houses." you know, she said i was right and that they were two very good reasons and that everyone can have an opinion. see, i THINK about this stuff. clearly, mommy doesn't.

the other thing i said was "gas is like food for cars." mommy said something like, yes my genius son. you're right. you're brilliant. not quite a direct quote, but she said something probably pretty close to that. then i said "what if cars used electricity instead of gas?" mommy said that pretty soon that might be true. probably because i said it. don't let anyone tell you a 3-almost-4 year-old didn't invent electric cars. because i did. yes i did. YES I DID!!!!! stop lying and saying i didn't! i DID YOU BIG DARN DOODY HEAD!

No comments: