Thursday, September 27, 2007

3 is the good life

i do. i have a really good life and i am pretty happy these days. i started my new school. and even tho i miss my old teachers very much, i get to talk to them on the phone, so it isn't so bad. and i will visit them one of these days soon. my new school has a very nice teacher and all the kids use the potty. the potty and the sink and the paper towels are just my height so i don't need a step stool and can do it by myself. and i have a cool lunch box that i bring. and i take stretch and grow and dance class. and i even know some of the other kids in other classes because their mommies work with my mommy and they came to my birthday party. AND mommy sometimes makes me real peanut butter and jelly sammiches, which i thought i had before but it turns out that was a lie (soy nut butter? almond butter? ain't NOTHIN like this real stuff). that might be the best food ever. well, no. friday is pizza day at school. how awesome is that?

i also started sunday school, which is very fun. they let me light a candle...what's not to like about that?

i had a really REALLY REAALLY fun birthday party. we went to a gynnastics place and we jumped on trampolines and off balance beams into big foam pits that the grown ups couldn't get out of, which was funny. and there was a popsickle course that was fun to go thru. i think i want to take gynnastics classes. and i had a cake with trucks on it and it was yummy. and i got a LOT of presents. i think i might make someone sad if i forget to say a present someone gave me by accident, so i won't say everything i got. but i will say there is not one present that i didn't like. and even at 3 years old i know that when you get a bunch of presents there are always a few you kind of just ignore and forget about. but i totally scored and i heard mommy saying it made her "a little uncomfortable" whatever, she is going to have to get over it. no, i don't have too many toys and yes i appreciate all the new things i have. well, some relatives send "checks" or "money" or "savings bonds" and i don't really get that. i am rotating thru each and every toy and enjoying them thoroughly. so there, mother.

today was a good day too. not only did i get 4 books in the mail (i think from auntie karen) but i also went to the dentist for the first time and got my teeth cleaned. she polished my teeth and counted them and put a little hose and a vacuum in my mouth and i got to lay in a chair that went up and down and then they let me watch when they cleaned mommie's teeth. i had no cavities. it was fun.

the only thing that could make things better would be if daddy was here all the time. but, other than that, things are pretty good. i think i am going to like being 3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, Donovan, are you the coolest kid at school with your new big boy lunchbox???

Jodi said...

Happy Belated Birthday, Donovan! I always seem to miss it. I'm so glad you had fun!