Thursday, August 10, 2006

auntie karen's going to a tofu festival.

i won't even address the title. what needs to be said? mamma puts it in my mac and cheese like i don't know.

so, these days, i want to sleep with the light on. i'm not afraid of the dark---i'm not afraid of anything (well, maybe when the vacuum gets turned on, fortunately, that rarely happens), i just want the light on. just because i do. don't go saying i'm afraid of the dark either. i just like to keep an eye on things when i wake up at night. make sure my stuff is still in the same place. i have everything where i want it. books in a pile, bath towel on the floor. i like it that way. i have conceded to wearing my pajama shirt. that was a phase.

my vocabulary as well as my ability to create complex sentences out of complex thoughts continues to grow and astound mamma (and everyone around me) and for the second time, i actually answered a question 2 days ago. i mean, with an answer, not a yes or no like i have been to do for years. i was crying, my babysitter who is really my teacher, had just left and mamma said, "what's wrong??? why are you crying??" and i said "miss megan go bye bye" i mean, i am still planning on marrying tiffani, but that megan has some mad book reading skills and i was really enjoying it and didn't want her to leave. besides, i was pretty mad at mom. every so often these days she drops me off at school before they open (i mean, we have to wait around for someone to come unlock the door), then, i stay there even after all the other kids are gone, and my teacher, who closes the school, takes me to my house in her car. then i hang out with her and she gives me my bath and all that till mamma gets home. it's hard because i am glad she came home--i keep thinking she might never come back. but then i am so mad at her. but i don't let her know i am glad she is home. i don't look at her, or talk to her, i just instruct megan to continue reading my book. i figured out that was why mamma was putting me in day time clothes sometimes at night. because she just takes me out of my crib and puts me in the car seat before i even know what hit me. i love school and i am learning a lot (i can pick out ANYTHING blue and i know a few letters and i can sing "wheels on the bus" a song mamma didn't even know) but i think that for a child my age, that is too long to be at school. i have said before that mamma does things that aren't good, and so far my pleas for help have been ignored. i mean, isn't there someone who can give HER a time out at the Wall for being naughty? where is HER mommy? i think HER mommy should give her The Wall for making me stay at school so long, staying away from ME so long, not letting me go outside when i tell her i want to. and don't even get me started on dada. i will make mamma give HIM the Wall when he gets back for staying away so long.

well, i forgot what i was going to write about. this wasn't it. so, thanks for stopping by and reading this.

PS mommy said she is going to buy me a potty

3 comments:

ren said...

i AM going to a tofu festival and i am very excited. maybe next year you can come visit and we can go together!

and i was going to say you should be happy to have such a good mama but if she doesn't know "wheels on the bus" i am not sure she is all that good a mama!

Conor said...

Donovan, this is Auntie Laura. Don't be so hard on Mommy. She would rather be with you, too. And your Mommy's Mommy is loving you so much from Heaven--you just can't see her. Your Mommy and I miss her very much.

Jodi said...

I just can't wrap my head around "chewy tasteless icky stuff" and "festival." How do those go together?

(I guess I'm not a genius like you or I'd know!)