Tuesday, March 11, 2008

indigo girls

or, i could have named it "a few of my favorite things" i am really into amy & emily these days. they are the indigo girls and they play guitars. in fact, there is a lullaby cd my mommy and daddy made for me when i was a new born baby and they have played it every single day of my life. make that every single nap of my life because sometimes i go to sleep more than once in the same day. but tonight, i finally stood up for myself and said i want the indigo girls in my night time music. look. i'm 3 1/2 years old. practically a grown up. i think i can pick what music i want to try to not fall asleep to. i particularly like the songs "gallileo" and "joking"

now that i am three 1/2, a whole new world of lessons has been opened to me. and i want to do it all. i have been playing with my mommy's violin and lo and behold, someone offered to give me violin lessons! i said i wanted to take them and he even had a violin my size. so, i think that might happen soon. then, the other day, there was a kids tennis clinic in the courts in my development and i said i wanted to go. so mommy took me. i was by far the youngest kid there, but i did just as good as them big kids. i whacked the ball over the net a couple times. and i have a decent forehand for a 3 1/2 year old.

it was a 90 minute lesson and after an hour i told my mommy i wanted to take a swimming lesson now she said no, we had to wait till it was summer, because we were wearing our hats and coats. she can be such a pain because the pool was right there. all we had to do was tell the swimming teacher (who lives at the pool) that i wanted a lesson. mommy's can be very difficult.

i also want to take gymnastics lessons, which i know mommy wants me to do also. but daddy wants to send me to get soccer lessons, but i can already kick a soccer ball real good. see, there is a problem when mommies and daddies give their kids to many lessons. they end up being weirdos on zoloft before they are 14. and i haven't even mentioned the tap and ballet lessons i have already been taking for the last 6 months (recital coming up!)

the thing is, i really like to learn and i really like to try new things. so mommy and daddy let me. i don't think i am going to take more tennis lessons right now, but it was fun to try. i am also pretty interested in learning how to read, but my genius parents haven't looked for a reading teacher for me! i doubt i will take dance class next year, but we will see! i can pick out most of my letters and i know what a lot of them say.

well, i will have plenty of time to take all kinds of fun lessons of all kinds since, even tho i am a genius and could probably start kindergarden tomorrow, i will have to wait an extra year before starting. that means i won't be in kindergarden till i am 6. this bothers my mommy a lot but i think it is a good idea. the law got changed and they said if you have my birthday you are not allowed to go to kindergarden until you are 6 . oh well. i don't mind.

i start in an older kid class room next week and i am very excited about that. there are going to be 4 year olds in my class. i might have to learn how to read first. but i can make better restaurants with the blocks than the 4 year olds. i make the best restaurants with blocks. i have a scary talent for block-building-restaurants and get this NO LESSONS! just figgered it out all on my own! how's that! peace mah brothers and sistahs (oh did i tell you, i have a baby growing in my tummy. it started out small as a germ and now it is getting bigger. it is a sister and a brother and her name is gloglo)

No comments: